Who is not obsessed with Amazon!? Surprisingly, as much as me and my husband buy off Amazon we do not have Amazon Prime. I have tried to convince him into it but it has not worked yet. Oh well, does not stop us from shopping! I love to find pieces for all areas of my life on Amazon and today I wanted to share my most recent nursing purchases from the last six months. I would love to know what nursing related items you have purchased so please share!
1. Nurse Coloring Book: I have a sailors mouth, like to color and need a way to reduce stress. So this coloring book is perfect! I shared this on my Instagram and tons of people asked me where I purchased it from. The quotes in this book are totally relatable as a nurse or healthcare worker. If you need a little humor and stress relief then I highly recommend this book!
2. Oh Sh*t, I Almost Killed You! A Little Book of Big Things Nursing School Forgot to Teach You: I am going to start reading this book this week. So I can not give a personal review just yet but I have heard great things. Also, I love to read nursing related books. There are a ton of things that nursing school does not teach you and there is a reality shock when you get out into the world and start your first nursing job. Would be a great read as a nursing student or new grad nurse.
3. Nurse Mates Women’s 12-14 Mmhg Compression Trouser Sock Ekg: As a nurse or student you are on your feet a lot. Some 12 hour shifts I am lucky to get a bathroom break so when I started my job these were a must. I actually feel naked when I leave my house and forget to put my compression’s on. I purchased these in black and white and love them. They support my legs with mild compression, improve circulation and reduce varicose veins.
4. GEARONIC TM Lady Women Purse Insert: A purse insert!? YES!! These things are amazing for nurses because you can only shove so many flushes and alcohol wipes in your scrubs! I keep this bag at my station and fill it with flushes, alcohol wipes, extra scissors, post it notes. This bag is perfect to stash extras and at the end of the day I empty my pockets into this bag so I can use it on my next shift. The amount I have accumulated is a bit insane but this bag is very helpful to stay organized.
5. Blank Plastic Horizontal Make Your Own Badge ID Card Pocket Reference Guide: I had hopes for these cards but was not as impressed as I wanted to be. I purchased a twin pack and thought they were overpriced. I have since only used one and did not write on it. I typed up the info I wanted and tape it onto the card. Not a bad idea and does come in handy but the price is not really worth the product and since they are so small it is hard to write nice on them.
6. Medline MDS10478 Lister Bandage Scissor, 5.5″ (Pack of 12): I learned quickly as a new nurse that people (*cough…doctors*) will ask to borrow your scissors and have a bad habit of walking away with them and good luck hunting them down. So I decided to buy myself a 12 pack of some basic bandage scissors. Oddly, since I have purchased this pack I have been getting all my borrowed scissors back so now I so many!
7. CAVN Pen Light with Pupil Gauge LED Penlight for Nurses Doctors, 2 Pcs Reusable Medical Penlight for Nursing Students Rose Gold and White: Show me anything rose gold and white and I am sold! For the longest time I was using some very cheap penlight that my nursing school gave me. So when I saw these I had to buy them. They are very durable and are even great to use a flashlight to sneak into patients rooms at night. Batteries are not included so make sure you pick some up for these.